After I wrote about reading a master.info file using the MySQL Proxy, I went ahead and added the missing piece. Creating a master.info file using the MySQL Proxy.
As I went back to lib/mysql-proto.c looking for a function that I could duplicate and modify to add the to_masterinfo_string() function, I realized that I missed a few master_ssl_* fields. It turned out that I was not exporting all the fields from the master.info file.
This time, the bug fix was easy enough. After modifying the test case to account for the missing fields, I added a few lines of code and I was ready to add the new feature.
You can now use the function to_masterinfo_string(), which takes as a parameter a table. You can create one using from_masterinfo_string()
You could read this example to get an idea of how it could be used.
I'll continue my work on Mock Load(*) and wait for the merge proposal to be accepted.
(*)More about what it does once I finish some legal paperwork here at Sun.